Monday, May 19, 2014

Another Great Week?  Yep.

Stake conference!
2 messages

Scott Clawson <clawson.scott@myldsmail.net>Sun, May 18, 2014 at 8:15 PM
To: Nancy Clawson <neclawson@gmail.com>


Hey Everybody!!!
Another good week.  I know I've said it before and I'll say it again, but every week is a good week.  No such thing as a bad one.  100% factual statement.  At least for me these days.  We had initially intended to have a very busy week, but with a whole bunch of appointments cancelling, it didn't turn out as we planned the whole way through.  We have to kind of gut our investigator pool this week.  Lot's of people that don't really have interest.  Our ward mission leader said that he really would like it if we dropped some and tried setting up some activities so that we can more effectively reach out to youth in particular.  In Korea lately, the church has been kind of lacking in that side of things.  Lot's of older people really, but not too many young people, and if they do get baptized, they typically don't stick around for too long to be honest.  SO we will work on that a little bit!
This week we had district meeting and our district leader made us lunch beforehand which was delicious!  I am a fan of this district.  It's solid!  Good stuff going on.  Learned about strengthening the wards in which we serve even though our whole district serves within the same ward.  I guess that just means our ward is going to be crazy strong!  That's the plan.
I went on exchanges to my greenie area this week!  It was super cool and crazy awesome fun!  Didn't really get to see anyone I knew there before, but it was still fun to go back there and relive that a bit, in much better weather though!  I went with Elder Brewer who is the district leader there, and he's awesome.  He works hard and really cares about the people there in the ward.  Good stuff all around.
This weekend was stake conference which was super cool.  The area president came and spoke at the conference.  He was really awesome.  He kind of lit up the stake for having the wrong approach to missionary work.  The missionaries keep saying that the member aren't helping them out with the work.  President Ringwood said that is wrong.  Why?  Because it is not the missionaries work.  It is not the missionaries ward.  It never will be unless I move back here some day, and that is what the members of the church need to know right now.  The missionaries aren't the only ones doing the work, at least they shouldn't be.  The missionaries help the members to achieve the work needed in their ward.  I really hope I remember that when I get home.  It's a big deal to remember!
Well I gotta go, I need to go to the bathroom and I can't think of anything else t share really.  Have a great week everyone!!!
클라슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment