Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Today I am posting Scott's last letter from the mission field.  He returns home this Friday evening, July 25 at 8pm - American Airlines in Ontario.  We are so very excited!  Love love love my boy!  What joy this experience has brought to my life and I feel so honored by  my son and his willingness to serve the Lord and the people of Korea.  I have loved having a missionary out there in the great big world, but I CANNOT wait to see him and hug him and look at him and listen to him play the guitar and then go out to breakfast with him and later buy him a Western Bacon Cheeseburger and chocolate shake and to just spend time with him....   I am excited to watch him move on into the next grand adventure of his life.

What a tremendous blessing to have this boy, this man, in my life.  I am so grateful.

Love you Scott.  Thank you.


Sign-off

7 messages

Scott Clawson <clawson.scott@myldsmail.net>Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 9:01 PM
To: Nancy Clawson <neclawson@gmail.com>

Hey Everyone!

This is the last time I get to do that!  This has been a great week just like all the others.  So many good things happening in missionary work.  Always will be.
Last monday wasn't pday so we got to spend it proselyting which was pretty good.  Nothing too crazy just a lot of talking to people on the streets.  That's a good thing for me though.  I love talking with people on the street.  I really hope I can keep that habit in America.  It's a fun thing being able to just strike up conversations at a random.  Good for making friends too.^^
Tuesday was good.  I shipped a package home!  I'll probably beat it back to the states is the funny thing though.  We went on exchanges with some elders.  I was with Elder Westbrook who is just the man.  I love that guy.  He is actually the first missionary that I trained's MTC companion and he goes hard in missionary work.  It really was a pleasure to work with him.  We went to his ward's ward mission leader's school where he works as a dean and talked to him and he toured us around the school a bit.  It was really cool and really simple.  Showed me just how easy it is to do some member missionary work when the opportunities arise.  He just took us around and introduced us to a lot of the faculty at the school and we talked to them.  Nothing too crazy, but now all these people have something to tie back to the church.  It was a good experience.
Later we met with this new investigator who is the man!  He knew the church from when he was young because of the father of a friend of his.  That was 40 years ago.  He went on a picnic with the ward and a missionary killed a snake and this guy thought it was super cool!  Now this guy is an investigator 40 years later, and really wants to come to church as soon as he has time.  It's amazing the impact that a simple act can have on someone.
The next day we unexchanged and came back to our ward building for district meeting.  It was good.  We learned about how to help investigators get an answer to questions they have about the Book of Mormon.  The district leader we have is a good one.  He's Korean and I really am going to miss him.  I'm gonna miss everyone here really.
Thursday was temple day which was awesome!  The temple was really great.  I loved it so much.  On the way over I was a little down just because it's my last normal temple day as a missionary and I just wasn't stoked about that.  As soon as I entered the temple I saw President Morrise and he was smiling at me and I shook his hand and it just made me feel all the world better.  Not to mention I was in the temple which always makes things way better of course.  After we went to the biggest church in our mission and played basketball.  That was way too fun.  I was being super goofy which was really great.  There was a serious game going on on one side and on the other side it was just goofing around which was more my speed.  Missionaries only play half court by the way.
Friday we went on another exchange which was also pretty good.  I was with Elder Champion who is also pretty awesome as you may assume from his name.  He's a solid missionary too.  He's actually serving in probably the hardest area in our mission right now because there is a church being constructed there and a lot of the other local churches are really protesting it and it makes it unpleasant because the things they say about the church are just entirely fallacious.  We got to talk to a lot of people which was good for me and Elder Champion is good at talking to people.  It was a fun last exchange for the mission.
Saturday was interesting.  We met this previous investigator and he really likes me.  Basically my goal with this lesson was to make it so that he would continue to meet the missionaries even after I left.  It seemed to work out.  He also made it to church yesterday.
We also had english class and then a family home evening.  It was a good last english class.  I'm going to miss a lot of those people.  Good folks.  This one guy gave me this super sick pen!  And then this other sister gave me some book.  I will try and read it maybe...  I'm not sure though.  I should read it.
The family home evening was fun.  I played guitar and didn't do very good, but it's whatever.  It's not the end of the world.  There was a less active member who came and played too.  He plays classical guitar and is really good!  But... he kind of has that classical musician attitude which is somewhat frustrating.  It was a good night though!
Sunday was really good too.  At church I had a talk and I talked about truth.  It was okay.  I could have done better, but it was alright.  After church I got a lot of pictures with members that I like.  Super good people.  Love em all.  
Well, I guess this is my last sign off.  I really have enjoyed my missionary service more than anything else.  Ever.  It was the best thing for me, and is the best thing for everyone if they want to grow.  I love this service.  I love the gospel.  I love Korea and the Korean people.  I will never forget this place.  It's the best thing I've done with my time and effort ever.  I'm so grateful for all of the opportunities that I've had here and will have in the future.  I know God loves us and prepares his paths for us.  

클라슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment