Monday, June 23, 2014

Elder Clawson will be arriving home on Friday July 25.  He will be arriving at Ontario airport at 8:00 that evening.  It will be a crazy long flight, but we absolutely CAN NOT wait!  Hooray!  He is ready to acknowledge the inevitable now....  

Scott Clawson <clawson.scott@myldsmail.net>Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 9:59 PM
To: Nancy Clawson <neclawson@gmail.com>
Hey Everybody!

This week has been another good one.  It started out interesting because my companion had to go to army reserves for a couple days which is interesting.  He got to go alone and then I was in a threesome with the other elders in my house.  Not the funnest thing ever to do.  You only get to devote like half the time that you have to your own proselyting area.  It's not the worst thing ever, but it is stressful a bit when you're the one elder for an area.  I had never noticed before, but being a solo missionary would be sooooooo hard.  I'm really grateful for the fact that we go out two by two.  It really is a blessing.
Monday we went and played basketball with a bunch of other missionaries and that was fun.  Not the craziest thing ever but there was this other missionary that's like 6'7 I think, and he was a killer piano player.  I wouldn't have expected it, but he was super good.  Also really nice too.  I hate that I have to go home before I get to find out what's cool about all the missionaries.  I just wish I could know everybody on some level.  That would be fun, but alas, I cannot.
Monday night is when my companion went to the army.  That night we met one of the other elders investigators and this guy is a boss.  He met the missionaries and really liked what they shared but as soon as his parents found out they were super angry.  After trying to explain to them for weeks, his mom finally read some of the Book of Mormon and she decided it teaches good things.  She said "You keep meeting with them and if you decide to join with them I support you."  His Dad is still not fully on board, but he is going to have his son present the gospel to him and if he likes it, the Dad said he will also get baptized...  Yikes... But also cool.  They gave him the For the Strength of Youth pamphlet, and he really liked it as did his father.  Getting closer.
Tuesday was good I guess.  The 90 year old investigator dropped us.  Can't say I didn't see it coming.  We seem him all the time just because we cross paths frequently.  We also met with this new investigator who is on dialysis.  Not a desireable looking thing.  The scars on his arm are serious.  Not something I want, but I guess it comes from lifestyle to some extent so I have to choose now!  I say no.  Anyways, that investigator didn't have too much time, so we had to go before we could share too much.
Wednesday was cool.  We met this family we are teaching, and it was not a very good lesson.  I was just confused what they wanted because I thought they wanted us to help their son learn english but it doesn't really seem that way anymore...  I'm confused a little still BUT!  It was a learning experience on how we should teach in the future with them!   Just focus on those who actually have a developed attention span.  Also I now understand the phrase "like teaching a 2 year old".  Investigators all over the age spectrum!!!!
We also had district meeting which was good.  It was about teaching with the spirit, which is obviously the most important thing!  I actually studied all of that chapter in Preach my Gospel this week.  It's super good!  Well obviously it is.  I really have learned a ton lately just how awesome Preach my Gospel is.  I am convinced that anybody who studies it really intently, will know super well how to teach lessons more effectively, whether they be missionaries, sunday school teachers, anyone.  Super solid.
Thursday I had 4 investigator appointments scheduled, but only one of them happened!  One of the investigators dropped us which is convenient because we were concerned about how we would go about dropping him actually.  This is the guy who said he doesn't see how knowing the Book of Mormon is true would draw him closer to baptism.-_-  OKAY though!
The investigator we did meet is super solid though.  Super humble and willing to accept what we teach instead of what all the other church pastors say about what we teach.  Wise man.
Friday my companion came back!!!! SO awesome!  I have a companion again.  Also we had interviews that day...at our house!  It was good.  I really do like talking with president!  He's such a good guy.  I feel like the serious environment of interviews sometimes makes it harder to be his friend but I really love President Morrise.  
The weekedn was good.  We taught a few more lessons and met some other investigators.  It was really sad actually.  Last night we met this man.  Through talking we found out he doesn't like churches because it just doesn't work for him.  None of them have brought him peace, particularly about the fact that he had a daughter who passed away when she was 2.  We tried to tell him about the plan of salvation and that he could live with his daughter again, but he wasnt interested.  Sad.  I feel bad for him.  I wish I could help him out more.  Too bad.
I really am grateful for the gospel in my life.  I'm grateful I have parents who taught me about it when I was young.  I studied this week in the Book of Mormon and found something I really like.  It's in Alma 38:12.  Only six words, but a really good message for missionaries.
"See that ye refrain from idleness"
I know that we need to always keep trying to move forward.  YAY Meet the Robinsons!  Good messages!  Well I love you guys and I guess I don't get too many more of these so READ THEM!!!!!!!!!!! or not.  Your choice...  no big repurcussions of any kind regardless :)

클라슨 장로

No comments:

Post a Comment